A question we get asked quite frequently by clients when our domestic pest control services are being engaged is if they need to do any preparation prior to our arrival. This will largely depend on the type of pest control treatment we are doing and whether the work is being done inside or outside. When you contact us with your problem we will be able to give you more detail about what’s required so that you can be prepared.
We often get asked to deal with ants, fleas and cockroaches so here are some general guidelines to help you:
- Move items and storage away from walls
- Clear items from window sills
- Cover fish tanks and turn off pump
- Remove and wash all bedding (fleas only)
- Remove items from under the bed and carpeted floors(fleas only)
- Vacuum all floors ( fleas only)
- Clear food items off counter tops
Be prepared to leave your property for 2 to 4 hours whilst we conduct the spraying (this will give enough time for the treatment to completely dry)
Keep your pets away from the property for the same period of time
If there’s anything that you’re unsure about don’t be afraid to ask. We like to keep our clients informed about the pest control process we are carrying out so that you can have complete peace of mind.
To find out more about the pest control services we offer and the preparation required please do not hesitate to contact us.